A letter to my future daughter
(Lessons from the real women in my life)
1. Broken, those girls are not cool
2. Oblivious, those boys don’t understand
3. Your capability is limited in the hands of others
4. Don’t let their words leave scars on your wrists
5. No means no, no matter how much he craves for you to say yes
6. Gain friends by forgiving them
7. Lose them by reminding them of where they went wrong.
8. Your body is not to give away or to be earned it is yours to keep
9. Powerless, you can’t let whispers gnaw at your heart
10. Try, you can't drink all your thoughts
11. Cry, it's normal and allowed
12. You can’t let others appreciate you until you are able to appreciate yourself
13. If you feel like the teenage years are not the best of your life, that's ok.
14. Know that your body will do miraculous things for you and you have to appreciate that
15. It will be okay and will get better if you let it.
A lesson from Lisa
Every time you go through a door I want you to transform
Into the beautiful confident woman you are
S P R E A D your wings
Embrace your space
O W N
Your crooked unique smile
Your protruding beautiful curves
Your cadaverous delicate complexion
T A K E B A C K
And with it all the love you thought had sunk so deep you would
never fish back
(Little did you know that they kept you drowning under the water for
You learnt how to breathe)
Anchor the love back to you
H A R N E S S I T
Keep it safe locked away in your heart
Store it in a place so deep no one will ever take it again.
Learn that this love is yours to keep and not to give away
Learn to love yourself before trying to love anyone else
Learn to not be a stranger in your skin but a native who knows all the
routes and secret passages, which make your body so
S P E C I A L.
So the next time you see a door
Imagine your biggest inspiration
What about her inspires you?
Walk stride through that door
Become that inspiration
Acquire those attributes
Be the woman you always knew you could be
Only then will you realize
Your genetics aren’t imperfect the media is fake
Your body isn’t ugly, society is twisted
Those girls aren’t right they are simply toxic
True inspiration comes from the real.